Real Time Cyber Safety and Soundness
built for banking.
Why “built for banking” matters
Each bank and credit union is a unique, high-value target averaging 20 million potential cyber events every single day.
We’re the only company that combines cybersecurity and cybercompliance with the power of a co-managed system to continuously deliver the real-time Cyber Safety Soundness today’s financial institutions need.
Consolidate security data from all sources, without volume limits, so you can oversee your entire security operations with real-time visibility. Specialized logic lets you zero-in on the threats that matter most.
Our TRAC™ (Threat Ready Active Compliance) Team of cybersecurity and cybercompliance experts works for you, keeping you covered 24x7x365. You define rules of engagement, incident workflow and triage processes to suit you. Continuously stay on track with additional onTRAC™ Services such as onTrac™ Virtual CISO and onTRAC™ Vulnerability Management.
Connect policy and regulations with real-time enforcement of cyber controls. Built-in FFIEC CAT and other compliance capabilities, plus your unique policy definitions and control points, keep you actively compliant. Push-button reporting ease simplifies providing continuous visibility and proof of compliance to your Board of Directors and regulators.
Essential for Risk Management
DefenseStorm uniquely combines cybersecurity with cybercompliance, and then automates tracking, controls and reporting to enable you to prove real-time Safety and Soundness in a single system of record. While financial institutions require “critical documents” such as those used for financial reporting to have policies and controls that manage access, versioning and changes to data, many allow the equally critical discipline of cybercompliance to be managed by spreadsheets stored on a shared drive, folder or laptop with no version control, no access tracking, no audit trail, and no proof of data timeliness or accuracy.
We solve this challenge by building the FFIEC CAT framework into the DefenseStorm GRID™, and can incorporate your policies and other regulatory frameworks as well. Automated tasks, enforced procedures, stored evidence of compliance, audit trails, and access controls for critical documents and data significantly improve your risk management position.
DefenseStorm keeps you Threat Ready, Team Smart and Board Accountable
Explore the GRID: Use the buttons above to navigate deeper into Threat Ready, Team Smart and Board Accountable.
Rolling your cursor across each selected view reveals more detail.
The DefenseStorm GRID®
Keeping you Threat Ready, Team Smart and Board Accountable.
The DefenseStorm GRID® delivers and demonstrates
real-time Cyber Safety and Soundness for your examiners, Board of Directors, investors, customers and community.
Our co-managed approach unifies cybersecurity detection, investigation and reporting with cybercompliance into a single system in real-time.
- Event data is aggregated across all cybersecurity tools.
- Compliance proof is linked to polices in real-time.
- FFIEC CAT, other cyber security requirements and proprietary policies are dynamically factored in.
Partnering with you to optimize cybersecurity & cybercompliance
TRAC Team experts work with you to provide a Security Operations Center (SOC) in the cloud, without capital expenditure or staff-up.
Continuously prove your compliance to policy and regulation
DefenseStorm Active Compliance™ is your always-on policy and control engine driving continuous, full cycle compliance.
Evidence collection, proof of compliance, and real-time executive and board visibility combine for easy and rapid reporting.
- Connect controls to actual policy enforcement.
- Built-in FFIEC CAT framework also incorporates your policies and other regulatory frameworks.
- Automated tasks, procedures, stored evidence of compliance, audit trails, and access controls for critical documents and data improve your risk management.
- Audit prep and response time is slashed and answers to inquiries using real data, is provided in minutes.
- Evidence Collection processes interact with your tailored Trigger Library so security and compliance are continuously linked and evolve as security and compliance needs change.
Multiply your cyber team & expertise almost instantly
Our TRAC (Threat Ready Active Compliance) Team works with you to monitor and manage security and compliance 24x7x365, against millions of potential cyber threats daily.
Rapid onboarding, where you set the rules:
- Tailor rules of engagement, workflows and triage processes to your requirements and team dynamics.
- Map and connect your existing systems to the DefenseStorm GRID® in a matter of weeks.
Continuously grow internal knowledge & performance:
- Our TRAC™ Team raises knowledge and skill thresholds of your team and resources.
- Rapidly enhance visibility and control with access to the same tools we use, with no specialized training.
onTRAC™ Services and Programs:
- onTRAC™ Virtual CISO-Expert leadership of a Chief Information Security Officer without the fulltime investment.
- onTRAC™ Vulnerability Management - Stay ahead of threats across virtual and physical assets and properties.
Proactively manage your total cyber exposure
Connect monitoring detection, triage, response, resolution, audit trail and reporting.
Patented technology leverages human interaction with machine learning for optimized performance:
- Threat Match™ leverages threat source feeds without volume limits, to ID known threats in event signals across your network.
- Pattern Scout™ catches unknown threats by flagging anomalies not categorized in known threat patterns.
- Trigger Library™ database catalogs threat vulnerabilities associated with assets and services across your network, including your own policies and operational controls.
- Alert Derivatives™ associative logic recognizes alert patterns from the Trigger Library, Threat Match & Pattern Scout in order to:
- Identify previously unseen threats.
- Eliminate false positives.
- Prioritize which threats to elevate for the most immediate attention to optimize resource use and efficient resolution.
"I haven't presented anything to the bank's Board of Directors that has captured all the moving pieces of cybersecurity as well as the DefenseStorm console does. The Board was surprised that after 6 pm on a Thursday there were nearly 1,000 connection attempts from a Moscow suburb. The Pipeline pane on the Policy page was eye-opening in showing the gross number of events that need to be analyzed just to find the meaningful data. It really drove home your value add in layering human analysis over the system tools to filter out noise."
Evan Thomas, First Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
Bank of Indianapolis
"We really couldn’t find another solution in the market that did what DefenseStorm did, in terms of bringing together IT governance and incident management workflow into a single system."
Jim Brockett, Chief Information Officer
Washington Trust Bank
“We couldn’t do in days what DefenseStorm does for us in minutes. The benefits of being able to satisfy our examiners and auditors when they ask us questions, and being able to feed that back to the board, that’s the ROI.”
Carlos Vazquez, Vice President of Information Technology
Public Service Credit Union’s (PSCU)
“Deciding to work with DefenseStorm was a direct reaction to hearing from regulators about what they were going to be requiring banks to do.”
Charles Blair, Chief Financial Officer
Peach State Bank
“The value is incalculable. Within a few months, the system transformed our security response from reactive to proactive, saving us tens of thousands in hard expenditures instantly—and averting fraud that could have had massive systemic and enterprise impact, with losses in the millions.”
Neil Underwood, President
Live Oak Bank
“DefenseStorm puts a team of security experts behind us. We have good talent here, but the level of certification and expertise DefenseStorm delivers runs across many platforms and years. Our security is as strong as can be, all without having to hire an extra security expert.”
Mark Singleton, Chief Executive Officer
Citizens National Bank of Texas
“I like that DefenseStorm designed their system specifically for community-focused banks and credit unions. No other company I spoke to had figured out exactly what community banks, like mine, need.”
Sandra M. Teixeira, Chief Financial Officer
Lusitania Savings Bank